We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you.
Who doesn’t want the best for their kids? All parents want to give their children the best in life and that means choosing the best diapers, formula, accessories – and things to sit on. Making the right choice is intimidating to any parent who can’t sift through every single brand and product, but Revoupon wants to make your life easier by doing the research on one very important product – the high chair.
Every child needs a great high chair to boost them up to the table but with so many options and brands it can be tough to single one out. You need a chair that’s affordable, comfortable, and most of all – safe. Revoupon has sorted through dozens of different high chair brands and found two of the strongest names in Lalo and Stokke.
Both Lalo and Stokke produce excellent and beautiful high chairs, but which one is right for you and your child? Let’s get in depth on these two brands by learning about Lalo chairs, Stokke chairs, and how to match your kiddo to the perfect high chair.
The Chair from Lalo
The Lalo high chair known as “The Chair” is a 3-in-1 design that can be used as a high chair, booster seat, and play chair. More uses mean more years of service for your chair. Lalo products are designed in both New York City and Scandinavia and are assembled at a family-owned production facility in China. Lalo backs The Chair with a 100-day risk-free trial. If The Chair does not meet your expectations, you can send it back for a full refund.
Lalo and Safety
Lalo puts their products through a series of testing to achieve governmental and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) compliance. All materials used in The Chair are 100% non-toxic and pass California’s rigorous Prop 65. The Chair also comes with a 5-point harness.
More About Lalo’s The Chair
- Materials – Legs: Sustainably sourced FSC Certified beech wood; Seat, Tray, Belly Bar, Foot Rest: Non-toxic plastic; Cross Bar: Aluminum; Straps: Nylon; Cushion: Cotton
- Dimensions – Highchair: 24.5 x 24.5 x 33 in, Play Chair: 16 in x 16 in x 21 in
- Weight – Highchair: 10 lbs., Play Chair: 5 lbs.
- Age and Weight Limits – 4mo.+ (or when they can sit up on their own) and up to 3 years old (supports up to 30 lbs.), Play Chair: 1 yr.+ and supports up to 200 lbs.
- Colors – 5: Coconut, Sage, Licorice, Grapefruit, Blueberry
- Uses – 3 – High chair, booster seat, play chair.
- Cleaning – Legs, tray, and seatback can be cleaned with any hard surface cleaner like Lysol, or Mrs. Meyers. Tray is dishwasher safe. Straps and cushion are machine washable with cold water and delicate settings.
- Warranty – 18 months
- Sales and Promotions – You can sign up for the email list to receive 10% off your first order.
- Price – $235
Pros and Cons of Lalo High Chairs
Stokke Clikk High Chair
Stokke’s most popular high chair is known as the Clikk. The Clikk can be assembled in less than a minute and brings a clean Scandinavian-inspired aesthetic to any room in your home. An adjustable footrest moves to growing feet and high-level safety certifications round out this beauty of a high chair. The Stokke Clikk was awarded a 2020 Red Dot: Best of Best for design and innovation as well as a European Product Design Award.
Stokke and Safety
Every Stokke Clikk is certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association (JPMA) on top of ASTM and California Prop 65 certification. All parts of the Clikk are 100% non-toxic. The Clikk also comes with a 5-point safety harness.
More About Stokke’s Clikk High Chair
- Materials – FSC-certified solid European beech wood, PP-TC/PA plastics.
- Dimensions – 22” x 26” x 32.7” (Fully Assembled)
- Weight – 10.1 lbs.
- Age and Weight Limits – 6mo. + and up to 3 years old (supports up to 33 lbs.)
- Colors – (7) Cloud Grey, White, Fjord Blue, Black Natural, Midnight Black, Sunny Coral, Clover Green
- Uses – 1 (Adjustable high chair)
- Cleaning – Tray is dishwasher safe. Cushion and harness are machine washable with cold water on Delicate settings.
- Warranty – 3 years
- Sales and Promotions – N/A
- Price – $179 ($218 with Cushion)
Pros and Cons of Stokke High Chairs
Head-to-Head Lalo vs. Stokke Comparison
Overall Best High Chair – The Stokke Clikk
Despite The Chair’s 3-in-1 versatility the Clikk is Revoupon’s overall best high chair. The Clikk has a better price, warranty, safety credentials, reputation, and color choices to give it Revoupon’s nod. If versatility is your aim The Chair will undoubtedly make a great product for you and your family.
Deciding Between Lalo Vs. Stokke
A reputable highchair should be safe, easy to clean, and look great. Both Stokke’s Clikk and The Chair from Lalo give you these qualities. If you want versatility, you should choose The Chair but otherwise the Clikk is Revoupon’s best overall high chair. Check out the colors and get your hands on one these great high chairs before your little one gets too big.